SATURN Transient Recorder Series
The SATURN Transient Recorder family of AMOtronics offers measurement technology at the highest level. The scalable and flexible data acquisition system is suitable for a wide range of use cases including various high-end applications. SATURN Transient Recorders allow highly precise synchronous measurements with resolutions up to 20Bit and sampling rates between 200kHz and 2GHz. They are designed for fast recording of transient signals and for a time-saving processing of large amounts of measured data.
SATURN Transient Recorders are available in various sizes, ranging from compact portable systems and benchtop devices up to a housing for 19-inch rack mounting. Depending on the particular measurement task these Transient Recorder base units can be equipped with different modules for data acquisition and control.
Alternatively, these modules can be replaced by fiber-optic modules which are connected via fiber optic cable to so-called SATURN satellites. These separate measurement probes have been specifically developed for use in hazardous environments and to cover long distances to the measurement object. The data transmission via fiber-optic cable offers reliable safety in high voltage testing, explosion tests and similar challenging applications.
Another key feature of Transient Recorders from AMOtronics is the included SATURN Studio II software. The field-proven operating interface makes it easy for the end user to configure the system, perform the measurements, display the measured data and store it on disk. In addition, the software not only allows a rapid interactive analysis of large data sets but also completely automated evaluations including reports generated in accordance with international standards.
Key Facts of SATURN Transient Recorders
- up to 240 channels depending on housing and connector type (SMB, BNC, UHF, LEMO ...)
- variable configuration with modules for data acquisition, signal output and control
- 200kS/s ... 2GS/s acquisition rate, 8Bit ... 20 Bit resolution (depending on module)
- input range selectable via software (individually adaptable to the sensor)
- flexible trigger configuration, including pre and post trigger time (recording duration)
- optional fiber-optic-coupled measurement probes (optimal galvanic isolation and bridging of distances)
- optional coupling and precise synchronization of multiple systems
- robust hardware based on industry standard cPCI architecture
- integrated Slot-PC (for use as independent measurement system or complete remote control via Ethernet using a laptop / PC)
- reconfigurable hardware for easy updates and application specific adaptations
- user-friendly software (simple configuration, fast data storage, display and analysis, optional application specific user interfaces and automated processes including report generation)