in Königswinter, Germany
Attention: Because of the COVID-19 pandemic,
the conference will sadly be moved to 2022.
Further information will be provided
via email and on this website.
The 71st international Aeroballistics Range Association (ARA) conference
is organized by AMOtronics and Dynamit Nobel Defence
The annual ARA meetings are attended by an international group of scientists
and engineers from government, academia, and industry involved in various aspects of maintaining,
upgrading, and utilizing launcher technology for a variety of research applications, mostly involving
defense or aerospace applications. The meeting is primarily composed of technical talks presented by
the members of the group. Topics covered at the annual meeting include:
- Ballistic range operation
- Instrumentation for studying dynamic mechanical events
- Exterior and terminal ballistics research technology
- Development of research launcher
- Evaluation of range accidents
- Impact mechanics and shock physics research technology
- Evaluation of high speed vehicle flight characteristics
- Armor development technology
- Non-classical applications of gun-related testing.